Swimming For Air

Sometimes Life Is Finding Time To Breath, Here Is Where You Can Find Some Of My Random Moments...

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Parents Come To Visit

When you go someplace on vacation, it's like I have to go see this? I have to go see that? At least if you are like me it's one huge checklists. My vacations are always like that, I always need a vacation for my vacation. When I moved to Boston there were so many things that I wanted to see and do, I had imagined doing them all on every single day I was off, like as if I was on vacation. Anyways, on my days off I've been lazy and haven't done much of anything, except eat out, watch movies and be a big couch potato. Then my parents come to visit for a week and we see more in a week then we have in 6 months of living here, pretty sad huh?

Some of the things we did while they were here, which by the way didn't put a dent on the lists of things to do was:
-The oh so famous Duck Tour (It is this land to water vehicle and you actually go into the Charles River.)
-The top of the Pru (what the people here call it, short for the Prudential Center for all of you not from here, which is by the way the tallest building in Boston, such great views and shopping too.)
-Gambling at the Mohegan (I lost money, while everyone else won some)
-Faneuil Hall (it's been here since the 1700's, did I mention everything is old here?)
-The North End (which has great Italian restaurants and for dessert we just had to go to the place that puts your pastrys in these cute little boxes, which you hold by a string called Mike's Pastrys, mmmm, it's like little bites of heaven.)

There are so many great restaurants in Boston, we could almost not decide which ones to take them to. We should probably not know so many of them already. It defintly shows on the waistline, maybe I should skip the pastry shop next time or maybe not!?!

2 Comments:

At 6/17/2005 12:31 AM, Blogger mrs. awesome said...

okay miss manners, i will now be providing replies via my blog to all comments (that i like). you better keep up, uh huh. oh, and mike's pastries was closed when i was there :(

 
At 6/17/2005 12:47 AM, Blogger No-L said...

That's because we had a late start and everything always closes early here. Not like in Florida where everything seems to stay open all night. It is however a great reason to come back to visit, as if I'm not reason enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home