Swimming For Air

Sometimes Life Is Finding Time To Breath, Here Is Where You Can Find Some Of My Random Moments...

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Is It Odd To Love Your Car?


I do a lot of driving, A LOT of driving. In fact in just over a year I have accumulated almost 30,000 miles. You would think that I would hate driving, actually I love it, and I love it so much I think I am obsessed. Here are the Top Ten reasons I think I am obsessed with my Acura TL:

1. I talk to my car everyday and she talks back, seriously. (Sometimes I don't agree with her.)
2. I love music and I have more choices and better sound quality then most... 5.1 surround XM, iPod, DVD/CD,Radio & cassette (not that I have tapes.)
3. It has these lovely leather seats that lean all the way back (don't ask.)
4. Of course it's green! (Go Green!!!)
5. It has 270 horses (I don't know a lot about cars but it's pretty freak'n fast.)
6. It has a sports shift, so for when I want to race around and automatic for when I am lazy (which is most of the time.)
7. It tells me where to go and when to go (it's kind of like a backseat driver.)
8. It finds anything I want and directs me to it (my very own personal Chauffeur.)
9. My car has this blue tooth thingy that communicates with my phone and therefore I can call people and hear them through my surround sound. (It’s funny when you go through a tollbooth and you are talking to someone on it, they look around the car wondering where the other voice is coming from.)
10. It automatically dims those lights from behind. (Great when you have pissed someone off and they are flashing you, it doesn't faze me a bit.)

10 Comments:

At 7/14/2005 6:33 PM, Blogger anika said...

You have inspired me to list ten things on my blog that I love about my car.

 
At 7/15/2005 2:56 PM, Blogger mrs. awesome said...

your life is sad, truly sad....writing about your car. and you haven't even given her a name yet. penelope IV and i can only talk to you about this when she has a name.

 
At 7/15/2005 11:20 PM, Blogger mrs. awesome said...

here are some possible names...i tried to stick with things that go with green.
Name Meaning
1) Abbey leaf
2) Ellory one who lives near the tree
3) Shelley meadow on a hilltop
4) Emily industrious (because your car works hard)

 
At 7/15/2005 11:23 PM, Blogger No-L said...

anika, I love your comments on your car. Tell me how did you get its name? Does it have a sex?

grody jo-dee, you are just jealous about my life, you know that you wish it was 70 degrees where you live. Where does it state that my car does not have a name?
Ok, you are right it doesn't have a name; the thought has crossed my mind. There has never been a name that is quite right for her; I think it’s a she. She does have a female voice, but I could always change that to a man's voice. However it is sort of monotone nasally voice like Raymond, you know the TV show. Have any suggestions?

 
At 7/15/2005 11:29 PM, Blogger No-L said...

Grody Jo-dee, weird I posted and the names showed up afterwards. Those names don't seem sexy or tough enough.

 
At 7/16/2005 2:51 PM, Blogger anika said...

Rafiki got his (and I say 'his' in a gender neutral sort of way) name a few years ago when he was new. You know the whole people-don't-remember-how-to-pronounce-your-name-because-it's-not-'Mary'-or-something-normal? Well this guy asked my friend "What's her name again? Rafiki?"

Rafiki is the blue-bummed monkey on The Lion King. And now Rafiki is also the name of my car.

 
At 7/16/2005 9:05 PM, Blogger mrs. awesome said...

well, i liked natasha in the 1st place missy! here are some even weirder ones:

1) Alala-war goddess
2) Andromeda-beautiful maiden rescued by perseus in greek mythology
3) Chloe-blooming
4) Feronia-goddess of spring and woods

you're on your own picky.

 
At 7/16/2005 10:09 PM, Blogger No-L said...

I have now named my lovely car after too much debate and thought (not really.) Thanks for the suggestions and ideas that have been given from Grody Jody. I will now introduce the newly named 2004 Acura TL... Natasha.

It is sexy and tough, just like her.

 
At 7/17/2005 12:47 AM, Blogger mrs. awesome said...

i so knew that was the name in the 1st place. i told you so (and i'm doing the i told you so dance too). mhmmm, that's right.

 
At 7/17/2005 1:42 AM, Blogger No-L said...

I hope it's the cabbage patch, is it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home