Swimming For Air

Sometimes Life Is Finding Time To Breath, Here Is Where You Can Find Some Of My Random Moments...

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Wonka Wonka Wonka


I can't wait to to see the new version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The movie looks so vibrant and strange. Johnny Depp is so perfect for this eccentric roll and it will be very interesting to see Tim Burton's version to say the least. If you didn't know this already it comes out on July 15th. My favorite line so far is when Johnny Depp says "Chewing gum is really gross, chewing gum I hate the most." I already own a shirt that says "I'm sorry, I don't speak American." I will probably have to buy the tank top too. I am not normally this much of a fan of anything, hmmmm... maybe it's living in Boston where everyone seems to be fanatic about something. Could I be turning into a Masshole? Please someone help me before I say wicked or add a r to somewhere it doesn't belong.

Anyways, back to Wonka mania I recently rented the old version of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory on DVD. It was a lot brighter than it used to be, when it was in Technicolor. I wasn't the only one out there renting it, Blockbuster had over 20 copies of this digitally enhanced movie. I forgot it was a musical, I wonder if the new one will be? I don't typically like musicals, but I don't mind the oompa loompas singing a song or two.

14 Comments:

At 7/03/2005 11:29 AM, Blogger mrs. awesome said...

the new one is not a musical, i hear. i have never seen the old movie. i just love the book.

 
At 7/03/2005 1:28 PM, Blogger No-L said...

I have never read the book, but supposedly if you love the book, you will not like the old movie. I have read that this new movie is more like the old movie, not as much like the book. I have also heard it will be alittle bit darker than the first movie, maybe not children appropriate. Hey, but that's what you can expect from Tim Burton. Are you going to go see it? If so, you will have to let me know, how the book compares to it.

 
At 7/03/2005 11:06 PM, Blogger mrs. awesome said...

i looked up mandeville, la. it's way northwest of new orleans, across lake pontchartain. somebody really loves me there. :)

 
At 7/03/2005 11:55 PM, Blogger No-L said...

Do they still have drive thru Daiquiri stores there? Maybe you should reach out to them in your posts or maybe not. The only thing I have found to like about LA. is the Biegnets, they are like bites of heaven.

 
At 7/04/2005 1:13 AM, Blogger mrs. awesome said...

i thought they stopped all that drive-thru cocktail stuff after an underage driver got one and then hit and killed someone. i know they were trying to push through some kind of legislation banning them. i agree about la. it's basically a smelly swampland with water that's unfit for consumption. but cafe du monde--i would visit just for that!

 
At 7/04/2005 1:21 AM, Blogger No-L said...

Under-age? In LA, isn't under-age if you can't reach the counter?

 
At 7/09/2005 11:48 PM, Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

I dont know what it is about people that makes them think they can remake old works.

Generally it turns into a mistake.

 
At 7/10/2005 1:03 PM, Blogger PC said...

I am sorry, but that green shirt is hideous. Movie should be interesting.

 
At 7/10/2005 7:07 PM, Blogger No-L said...

toxic, I agree he looks creepy, but he will play that freaky person well.

alex, I don't think that Tim Burton could mess this up, I think it will finally do the imaginative side of the story more justice. Also, do you really think Johnny Depp would do a bad movie?

pc, I absolutly love that shirt. After looking at your site, can you really be a good judge of fashion? I did see those 80's pictures...eeek!

 
At 7/10/2005 7:13 PM, Blogger No-L said...

toxic, I almost forgot, I did go to your site. What I could read seems very well written espaecially for someone your age. However, the problem is that I could barely read some of it. I will say maybe I am getting old, but the pics mixed in with the color choice of the writing was very distracting.

 
At 7/11/2005 3:15 PM, Blogger Anna Pet said...

Loves it....I love your whole post...you read my mind!!!!!!

 
At 7/11/2005 5:07 PM, Blogger erin said...

I heard a rumor that they are releasing the new Willy Wonka in IMAX theaters as well. Have you heard anything of that sort? I think that would be the creepiest, coolest thing ever.

Did you happen to watch the extras on that rented old Wonka movie? They interviewed all the kids as adults. I'm pretty nerdy and all, but it's just supercool.

 
At 7/11/2005 11:35 PM, Blogger No-L said...

celeste, I am glad love the posts, thank you!

ed, I have not heard that about the IMAX, I totally agree it would be sooooo creepy-cool. I guess I am pretty nerdy to, I also watched the interviews.

 
At 7/17/2005 1:05 PM, Blogger Gabs said...

no-l...thanks for stopping by my blog...i really like yours as well.. awesome icon pic! i have a very good friend from mandeville. who knew? anyway...about the pic on my blog you commented on- i have a larger version- i can email it to you.

take care!!!
gabsmash@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home