Swimming For Air

Sometimes Life Is Finding Time To Breath, Here Is Where You Can Find Some Of My Random Moments...

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Future???

So the question has come up about the possibilities of me moving. There is an opportunity that the company has coming up, which would require me to move to Southern California next year. The position is opening up within one of our new divisions that they are interviewing me for. I'm ecstatic that they are interested in me for it; it's a huge compliment, which tells me a lot about where I stand. However I'm not completely sure that this is the position for me. So when they interview me, I will also be interviewing them; there are tons of questions that I have. Of course southern CA. seems very appealing, but it's still pretty far from my family in FL. and it will have extensive travel involved. I really enjoy Boston and feel very at home up here in New England. It's expensive to live here, but the seasons are beautiful and the people once they know you are pretty cool too. So we will see and of course I will keep you updated as things come up.

6 Comments:

At 12/08/2005 7:37 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Good luck. I would wonder about how expensive it would be to live there (housing) and what the company would do for me, if anything.

 
At 12/08/2005 4:35 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Good Luck!!!

 
At 12/09/2005 6:28 PM, Blogger No-L said...

Thanks Fred and Linda!

In answer to your question Fred, Boston is almost as expensive in the housing dept. So I'm already somewhat used to it. When I moved up here from Florida for them they did a cost of living increase to bring me up to where I should be. So I'm thankfully not to worried about that end of it. After 2 1/2 feet of snow today I'd probably take a decrease in pay to see some more sunshine! (don't tell them that though ;)

 
At 12/09/2005 8:15 PM, Blogger Jen said...

If you get to travel with the new position you could meet some of your blog friends :)

 
At 12/09/2005 8:17 PM, Blogger No-L said...

Jen, my family lives near you and I'm going down there in January maybe we could meet for dinner or drinks???

 
At 12/15/2005 12:09 AM, Blogger Marie said...

Wow! I can't believe that I missed this post earlier. Congrats on the opporunity that's being presented to you. And by the way, I'd love for you to be in Southern CA! :) I hope either way it works out the way you want.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home