Swimming For Air

Sometimes Life Is Finding Time To Breath, Here Is Where You Can Find Some Of My Random Moments...

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

How Do You Shower?

I got this off of Lilith's site and thought it was interesting to see how we all do the same thing by taking a shower, but how different we all do it. Here's how I take my shower every morning:

Turn on the water til it's the right temp (HOT!!!)
Get in and get entire body wet
Wash hair w/ Redkin
Wash face w/ face wash
Rinse hair & face
Condition hair w/ Redkin
Lather & loofah entire body w/ Vanilla Bean Noel (I love the name) ;)
Rinse body
Now that the body is appropriatly moist shave legs, underarms and the nether regions
Scrub feet with a pumice stone (remember how much I love my feet)
Then enjoy the warm water (*as Lilith puts it)
Then finally rinse with cooler water (needed after last item & it's suppose to be good for the hair to) ;)
Turn off water
Towel off in shower
Put hair up in strange towel formation
Put layers of lotion on entire body

I enjoy my shower, it's my meditation time I try to completly clear my mind. Depending on how clouded my mind is, how cold it is outside or how long it takes um you know, will depend on the length of my shower.

So don't be shy, tell me how you take your shower.

*I also have one of those wonderful multiple setting shower heads for just such an occassion.

4 Comments:

At 9/07/2005 11:10 PM, Blogger L said...

I am not shy I will tell all.
1-Turn on HOT water
2-Wet hair and then use coditioner on my hair
3-Brush my teeth yes I brush my teeth in the shower
4-Soap up
5-Rinse off
6-Get out wrap my hair in a turbie twist and then go about my business

 
At 9/08/2005 2:30 AM, Blogger mrs. awesome said...

so let me say that i prefer baths to showers...showers are so utilitarian! having a 2-yr-old makes showering a SHORT process. want to hear? here it goes.

1--turn on the water
2--while water heats up, pluck any stray eyebrow hairs
3--get in shower, lather hair with shampoo (i like rosemary mint)
4--wash and shave armpits (it IS fl y'all, so please no hair in the sleevelss tops, ok?!)
5--rinse shampoo and put in conditioner
6--shave legs and scrub feet with mr. pumice (he's the BEST)
7--rinse hair and use sugar scrub all over
8--get out, wrap hair, and put lotion on feet with moisturizing socks
9--take hair out of towel lest it get some funky shape

 
At 9/08/2005 9:35 PM, Blogger Bar L. said...

turn on water
wait for it to get hot
Get hair wet
Shampoo hair
Rinse
Put conditioner in hair
While hair is conditioning:
Put shower gel on loofah (usually use vanilla scented)
Scrub back, then front, then feet
Rinse hair
Wash face
Wrap hair in towel
Dry off
Apply lotion all over body
(Oh, I shave but not every day unless there's a good reason to)

 
At 9/10/2005 10:00 AM, Blogger Fred said...

Afternnon showers:

1. Hot, hot, hot
2. Shamoo
3. Contitioner
4. Soap
5. Stand in hot water for a long time
6. Rinse hair.
7. Dry

Looks like guys have it easier?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home