Swimming For Air

Sometimes Life Is Finding Time To Breath, Here Is Where You Can Find Some Of My Random Moments...

Friday, September 02, 2005

Please Help!!!

This is a link I was told about it is NSFW (not safe for work). Some people might be offended by what they hear as it has strong language, but it says exactly what I've been thinking.

Link you will need to click on the link on the right titled "Watch This Movie," then hit play and watch the movie.

I wish people would stop focusing on pointing the finger, looking for people to blame and start helping fix the problems. Most of these people on the news have no idea what they are talking about and aren't giving accurate information on any of this situation.

It irritates me so much and I could go on and on, but I need to stop for my own sanity and go help these people.

If you can't physically help in this situation, please help by donating to a reputable charity.

6 Comments:

At 9/03/2005 8:11 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Foamy was pretty funny. And, Foamy was absolutely right.

 
At 9/03/2005 10:22 PM, Blogger Bar L. said...

I agree with you!

 
At 9/04/2005 3:00 PM, Blogger Blake said...

I wonder how many people are going to sue the federal government for failing to respond in a timely manner.

I live in Dallas, and we have 220,000 refugees from New Orleans staying in the state of Texas. Much more needs to be done...

Blake

 
At 9/04/2005 8:09 PM, Blogger No-L said...

Blake, I'm not sure they could have reacted any quicker. I'm from FL. and I know it takes time to get to those areas due to debris (flattening tires), trees in the road blocking the way, some roads not even there anymore and not to mention the biggest flood I have ever seen. Also to get all those people in place takes time and logistics. When you look at the huge amount that they did in the beginning of moving those people I was impressed by the shear # that was transported early on. I'm not saying it's the right way but there are a lot of obstacles people fail to realize. We need to learn from this, have better preparedness in the future and it should not come from the governing state. The biggest problem with these hurricanes is that you never know where the damn thing is going to hit. So when you evacuate everyone, they are pissed that they were evacuated it's like the boy who cried wolf.

One other thing about your posts that I understand why you put it, due to the stupid newscasters calling them this. However they're NOT refugees, they are Americans and they had no choice after the hurricane to be where they are. A better term to possibly call them could be evacuees.

I agree with you that much more needs to be done and I hope everyone gets off their ass and helps.

 
At 9/08/2005 12:18 AM, Blogger JPA in STL said...

Foamy the Squirrel rocks...this is true..and rather funny..i think i peed a little.

 
At 11/28/2005 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi No-L, I am cruising the blogs looking for any information on Be Your Own Boss and landed here. Although this post is interesting and got my attention, I will add this knowledge to my storehouse of information. I never know where Be Your Own Boss will take me. Have a great day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home