Swimming For Air

Sometimes Life Is Finding Time To Breath, Here Is Where You Can Find Some Of My Random Moments...

Sunday, July 17, 2005

A Book Meme

Jen the spacechick put this on her site and tagged her viewers, so here's mine.

How many books do you own? A couple of 100 or so, I end up loaning them to people and never seeing them again or selling them at garage sales for $.25.

What is the last book you bought? Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination- it was pretty funny in the beginning and became to far fetched in the end. I almost wish that you were never really sure if she was crazy or not. (Does that say something about me?)

What is the last book you read? Same one, but right before that was Anna Karenina- I liked this book a lot, til the author decides to kill off the heroine. I know it is suppose to be different and unexpected, but when you can relate to it, it is kind of scary that she would commit suicide, eeek.

What’s the one book that you can’t wait to read? The Fiery Cross- it is 5th book of the Outlander series by Diane Gabaldon. I normally don’t read this type of book, however I read the 1st one not realizing it was a series and now I have to know what happens. Dammit, I just found out there was a 6th one, these books are not short by any means.

What 5 books are most important to you? (In no particular order...)
1. Ellis Island- this is the 1st book I read that I didn’t have to read, when I was a teenager. I loved it so much, I started reading everything I could get my hands on and haven’t stopped.
2. She’s Come Undone- I felt like I could totally relate to the character, which was somewhat scary.
3. The Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius- it is so real and the author is amazing the way he just tells it like it is. Thank you!
4. A Woman Of Substance- it is sooooo inspiring and makes you just want to hug your mom, I love you mom!
5. My Grandmother Marie’s Bible- it has all her favorite passages bookmarked.

I hope you enjoyed my answers and will read some of my favorites. I am going to tag Grody Jo-Dee and Anika to do this, all you have to do is copy the format and then post it on your site with your answers. Have fun!

5 Comments:

At 7/17/2005 9:10 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I read Anna Karenina recently too. I liked it but was disappointed by the ending as well.

 
At 7/18/2005 12:57 PM, Blogger mrs. awesome said...

i finshed my book trip teacher:)

 
At 7/20/2005 7:31 PM, Blogger freethoughtguy said...

I'm reading Sense And Goodness Without God by Richard Carrier. I like his naturalistic worldview.

 
At 7/21/2005 12:27 AM, Blogger Wade Marshall said...

Who needs books when you can listen to podcasts? :) I think that will be my next blog.

 
At 7/21/2005 1:16 AM, Blogger No-L said...

Freethinker, that looks like an interesting book, I am glad you recommended it.

Wade, you do know that you can listen to books on iPods? I love my iPod!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home