Swimming For Air

Sometimes Life Is Finding Time To Breath, Here Is Where You Can Find Some Of My Random Moments...

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Little Nikita


AKA Nika, Nee-kee, Little One, Lick Monster and Nika-Lou depending on what trouble she’s into. She is a Teacup Yorkie born on December 4, 1994. She is blue & tan and the runt of the litter from champion bloodlines. I went to visit her at 4 weeks; she was so little and a bit shy. However the next week when I went to see her she was a feisty little one. She was the center of attention and rightfully so with that little attitude she has. At 6 weeks for my birthday I got my very own first puppy, I have always had dogs but they were the families. When I first brought her home she could seriously fit in the palm of my hand paws and all, she now weighs in a hefty 3 1/2lbs.


I took Nika everywhere from the park, to shopping, to everyone’s house, the beach, etc… she rode with me everywhere. My roommates and I made the biggest mistake ever when she was a puppy, she made a little growling noise for the first time and it was so damn cute that we were all like awe. She thought that was so great, now no matter how much you want her to shut up she is the loudest yipper you have ever heard; she is so cute though that you still have to love her. Nika is so talented she can do all of these tricks: Sit, sit pretty, sit pretty and wave, lay down, shake different paws, roll over, play dead, fetch, kiss, she also will role over on her back when you say tummies, she can even do a little dance. Sometimes she thinks she is a cat, she will walk across steep furniture ledges and jump from heights that are way to far for her. She knows all of my moods and always is accommodating to them. One thing to be aware of, she is a serious klepto and will steal your hair bands and panties, then hide them under the bed.


A little over 4 years ago we brought home a sister for her, if you can call a Boxer puppy who at 3 months is already 4x’s the size of her, a sister. Well immediately Nika took charge, she told her what to do and when to do it and surprisingly enough Holly (the boxer listens to her.) Nika is the smallest one in the house, however she is also the loudest. But we love her and all of her attitude, who said dogs are a man’s best friend? I would take her over diamonds, any day.



- I had to write this as Nika was jealous of all the celebrity feedback from the stinky Holly pootie ass post.
- And yes it’s obvious that I don’t have kids, because the dogs are my kids.

8 Comments:

At 7/31/2005 9:58 PM, Blogger mrs. awesome said...

well, nika is cuter, but she's a princess. holly loves EVERYONE. and, nika does not love my baby, g. so...i think holly wins (but her slobber is just gross). :) sorry nika.

 
At 7/31/2005 10:18 PM, Blogger No-L said...

That's because to Nika, G. is a walking clumsy monster, which will grab and pull her hair. You are just mad that Nika won't talk to you, because you bring that baby of yours over. G. didn't seem to mind all of that slobber; I know it's disgusting, I always feel so bad. Although Holly and G. are sooooo cute together.

 
At 7/31/2005 11:30 PM, Blogger L said...

Nikita is very cute. I have 2 dogs myself Scooby Doo is the good dog and Chico Loco well lets just say his name fits him, he too is a stealer of hair things and an eater of panties. Dogs become so much part of your life you cant imagine being without them.

 
At 8/01/2005 12:30 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Aww...Nika is such a cutie!! I love dogs so much. I long for the day I can have one again.

 
At 8/01/2005 5:26 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Oh, I am the same way- my dogs (and bird) are my kids too. Nothing wrong with that and yours are very cute!

 
At 8/01/2005 10:27 PM, Blogger Blake said...

Wow, I can't use any other word besides cute to describe your dog.

Blake

 
At 8/02/2005 12:13 AM, Blogger No-L said...

Hello Everyone,

Nika says THANK YOU, well really she just rolled over on her back for a tummy rub. Seriously, thanks for the compliments.

No-L

 
At 8/02/2005 1:53 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

wow the pup is absolutely adorable! good luck w/her

 

Post a Comment

<< Home