Swimming For Air

Sometimes Life Is Finding Time To Breath, Here Is Where You Can Find Some Of My Random Moments...

Friday, August 26, 2005

TBIT Friday

If you are unsure of what that means go to Grody’s site.

Her theme this week is Mary Jane or that stuff people get high on.

Well my IIF’s as a potential candidate on the 2008 ballot, I have to be totally honest with you.

Marijuana a.k.a. pot, chronic, dope, ganja, paca lolo (Hawaiian), hemp, wacky weed, reefer, cannabis, grass and Mary Jane.

I have never ever smoked the joo-joo. (For the phonetically challenged, it sounds like jew-jew) As an aspiring presidential candidate, I’ve never wanted that on my record… yeah right. It’s just that I can’t inhale, seriously. Please reference item #34 on my About Me. And I am not making this up like our friend Mr. Clinton either, it is physically and psychologically impossible for me to do this.

It is true that I have touched, smelled and even tasted the sweetness that is Mary Jane, but only as a contact high.

It was summer and the parents were at work. We used to hop on our own bikes, pre-sixteen, ride across town to the forest and then deep into the woods. Eventually stopping at a tree house built from scraps that a previous generation had left behind. It even had a rope swing high up in the tree that seemed like it was twenty feet from the ground. This particular summer I had a crush on one of the guys so I would tag along as often as possible. Each afternoon would consist of your typical early 80’s pre-teen activities.

One afternoon one of the guys, who had been stealing cigarettes from his father, lit up something that looked a little different and definitely smelled a little different. The strange manner in which he was holding this small rolled object really got my attention. Then there was the holding of the breath… what kind of cigarette is this, I thought to myself. He then proceeded to pass it around and everyone followed his lead when taking a hit. Since this was the guy that I had crush on and didn’t want to think that I was not cool, I accepted, took a drag and started to cough violently from the horrible burning sensation in my chest, that felt like fire going down my throat. You see, I had never smoked the cigarettes that were always passed around, but this time was different. What a mistake that was. By the second time around, not wanting to be embarrassed again, I took the joint and faked it. That’s right, I took a drag and held it in my mouth, then slowly breathed out to fake it. To this day I still can’t inhale cigarette smoke or any other smoke for that matter. So there you have it, my first experience with the joo-joo.


P.S. Note the time that I posted ;)

7 Comments:

At 8/27/2005 12:02 AM, Blogger mrs. awesome said...

okay i switched to a different video thingy...if this one locks you up, TOO BAD. i fooled around with it for an hour before i got what i wanted. don't be a hater. he he he he

 
At 8/27/2005 12:03 AM, Blogger L said...

LOL at the time. Campaign slogan:
No Smoking if you do Just Fake It.

 
At 8/27/2005 7:03 AM, Blogger Linda said...

Hey NO-L luv the time thing. If you go back to my April posts check out the one on the 20th. I posted it for my friend Steven.
Proud of you for faking it!!

 
At 8/27/2005 2:26 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Way to fake it and be cool at the same time. Not easy to do!

 
At 8/27/2005 6:58 PM, Blogger No-L said...

Undr, I can't believe you called me a wuss, do I need to terminate you?

Fred, I think I pulled it off pretty well, the guy ended up liking me at a later time, of course by that point I had moved on to another guy, go figure.

 
At 8/29/2005 1:54 AM, Blogger Marie said...

Ooooh....I am going to have to conjure up some good distractions and humor as my part-time job as "Clown" when the press grills you on whether or not you *actually* inhaled. ;-)

On a side note, I tried to inhale too but the sensation burned my lungs SO much I just couldn't do it. lol

 
At 8/29/2005 11:05 PM, Blogger No-L said...

Marie, that is too funny, glad I am not the only one who can't inhale ;)

Locutus, you've never even tried?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home